Sunday, May 25, 2008

Ticked Off

Audrey discovered a stowaway this afternoon -- a little round tick that had burrowed into her leg. We tried suffocating it with Vaseline and burning it out with a match. Finally, Nadine suggested that it might be dead (as its tiny legs hadn't moved throughout the ordeal). So we finally dislodged it with tweezers. Here's a picture, along with a dime for scale:



R.I.P.

3 comments:

The Olsons said...

What a crazy story! Poor little Audrey, I would have been terrified. It's good that you found it.

On another note.
Happy Birthday Nadine!!!

Brittany said...

Hi Nick and Nadine! It's been a long time since I've seen or talked to you. The Lees are in our ward though, so I did tell them to tell you hello from me. Anyway -- I came across your blog and thought I'd say hi. Are you in Charlottesville? We're in Richmond, so if you ever come our way let me know -- it would be good to see you!

Brittany Richman (formerly Candrian)

Rachel said...

dude-- thats awesome! it reminds me of summers back on the farm (this is justin by the way). So when the heck are you coming home?